The RC7 version of Wine 4.0 was announced by Alexandre Julliard. The fourth test version of Wine 4.0 includes several bug fixes and improvements.
Stable version of Wine 4.0 is expected to be released in January.
To install and configure Wine 4.0 on your Linux distribution, you can download Wine by visiting the links below.
To run Wine on other Linux distributions, visit the link below.
Fixes in Wine 4.0-RC7 Version
- Multiple video players crash when opening audio or video file (MPC-HC v1.6.5, PotPlayer 1.5.x)(FilterGraph_create releases/destroys controlling IUnknown)
- A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda 1.x (.NET 2.0, XNA 3.1 game) crashes during intro (‘quartz’ FilterGraph2_Connect must translate HRESULT of failures more correctly)
- BurnPlot (VB6 app) fails to start, complaining with “Run-time error ‘438’” (WshShell3 ‘SpecialFolders’ collection ‘item’ method invocation fails)
- Touhou Danmakufu 0.12m’s font becomes distorted
- gdi32:fonts test_stock_fonts() fails on Windows 7 in the Japanese and Hebrew locales
- Cannot Read Text In “Question” Boxes On Microsoft Money 2005 Installation
- Microsoft Money 2005 Window Going “Black” After Certain Menu Operations
- NVIDIA GeForce Experience 3.x installer fails due to ‘setupapi.SetupDiDeleteDeviceInfo’ stub
- Age of Empires II: The Conquerors is broken when CSMT is enabled
- Secret Files 1-2: hardware mouse cursor corrupted
- Multiple games have performance issues (Project CARS, NFS: Hot Pursuit (2010), Gas Guzzlers: Combat Carnage)
- Secret Files 1-2, Ufo: Extraterrestrials: mouse cursor invisible when anti-aliasing and hardware mouse enabled
- Invalid write of size 2 in ntoskrnl.exe/tests/ntoskrnl.c
Wine Development Edition Installation
You can watch the video tutorial video below to install the Wine development version on Linux / Ubuntu.