Cisco Packet Tracer was developed by the Cisco team to enable CCNA and CCNP students to work on routing, networking, switching and more. Cisco Packet Tracer allows you to visualize what you are doing during network communication. In simple terms, it warns of network and routing problems. Students use this mainly for their work and projects.
The latest version of Packet Tracer is a powerful maintenance network simulation platform that encourages students to experiment with network behavior. It completes the physical equipment of the class by enabling students to network with virtually any device, encouraging application, discovery, and troubleshooting.
What is it used for?
- Introduction to Packet Tracer.
- Fundamentals of IT.
- CCNA Security.
- CCNA R & S Curriculum.
- Introduction to IoT.
- Fundamentals of IoT.
- Routing Basics.
- Basics of Networking.
- Basics of Cyber Security.
- Intel Pentium 4, 3.0 GHz or higher required.
- At least 1 GB hard drive.
- 500 MB of RAM.
- Sound card.
- Microsoft Windows, Linux, Apple Mac OS X.
Packet Tracer 7.X Features:
- Event Wizard creates custom learning scenarios. The addition of instructional materials for students as well as real-time impressions and comments provide an unlimited number of guided learning experiences.
- Activities can also be recorded and shared with other members of the Networking Academy community.
- Offers multi-user, peer-to-peer real-time collaboration and competition for dynamic learning.
- Laboratories support the creation of structured learning activities such as demonstrations, quizzes, exams, distance instructor-student interactions, and games.
- Designs create and configure networks with drag-and-drop devices. It helps provide valuable experiences that can be applied in the classroom and at work.
- It supports most of the protocols and technologies taught in several Networking Academy courses.
- It visualizes real-time internal processes, such as dynamic data transfers and expansion of package content normally hidden in real devices.
- Supports feature expansion through external applications that use an API.
- It offers the opportunity to share ideas, make best practices, and discuss the use of Packet Tracer with other instructors in the classroom.
Download Packet Tracer for Windows, Linux, and macOS
You can easily run the Cisco network simulator on all versions of Windows. For some versions of Linux distributions, you may need to install some packages to run it.
Installing it on a Mac / macOS computer is as easy as it is on Windows.
You can download the Cisco simulator to your computer from the links below, depending on the operating system type and model you are using.
|Windows 32 Bit||Download|
|Windows 64 Bit||Download|
1. What is Cisco Simulator
2. Installing Cisco Simulator
3. Mac Packet Tracer
4. Mint Cisco Simulator
5. Ubuntu Cisco Simulator